Welcome to our journey

We are so excited to share our lives with all of you, as we expect the arrival of our miracle twins, due to be delivered on April 7, 2012.
We have waited for this time for many years and, although we are anxious and nervous, we are thrilled to welcome two new members to our family.
As we continue this journey, we invite our families and friends to follow along our adventures.



Sunday, January 1, 2012

Physical changes = no fun!

A lot of people have been asking how I have been feeling and while I truly have been feeling pretty good throughout this pregnancy, this is the perfect opportunity to share my ABCs of physical ailments related to this pregnancy.

A - Anxiety (I was scanning for emergency exit doors at IKEA, thinking I needed to get out of there!)
B - Breathing issues (I have often found myself breathless after just taking a few stairs, and while I don't mind not exercising, it would be nice to at least make it around the block with Max)
C - Cravings (luckily for me, lack thereof...there really is no food that I am craving in particular)
D - Dry eyes (we're trying the humidifier to see if that helps)
E - Extreme moodiness (although I really must say, I have been able to control this for the most part - I usually save it all and let it out on the husband!)
F - Flatulence (might be TMI, too)
G - Growing pains (boy, have I felt these babies grow!)
H - Hemorrhoids (sorry if this is TMI, but gosh, so painful. Thankfully, they have not lasted long)
I - Itchy skin (always had dry skin, but my legs have been particularaly sensitive)
J - Jiggly body parts (hope to get those back into shape soon!)
K - Kan't (lol) think of anything so I'll throw in all the left overs here: growing boobs, sore nipples, head aches, always thirsty, too much kicking, leg cramps, ....I'm sure there are many more!
L - Long nights (although I've been able to go to sleep, I have a hard time staying asleep)
M - Mild heartburn (yuck! I have yet to find a pattern or trigger)
N - Nose bleeds (only had one so far, but that was probably the first I've had in 15+ years)
O - Overly sensitive (must be those darn hormones!)
P - Piercing (had to remove my piercing after it got infected, but healed enough now to put the maternity piercing in soon...yay!)
Q - Queasiness (definitely better than morning sickness and really didn't last long at all)
R - Restlessness (just can't seem to sit still for long periods of time anymore)
S - Swollen feet (do I still have ankles somewhere?!)
T - Tiredness (I actually like this part, gives me an excuse to be lazy)
U - Undergarment issues (how in the world does anything fit and still look semi-cute?!)
V - Varicose veins (according to my doctor, the worst she has seen. Great! Extremely painful!)
W - Weight gain (they say, on average, someone pregnant with twins gains close to 50 pounds....I've been fortunate so far - about 10 pounds!)
X -  Xtreme urge to go to the bathroom at ALL times
Y - Yucky smells (I've always had a good sense of smell, but now I have a super nose and smell EVERYTHING, good and bad)
Z - zzzzzs (not so much anymore!)

Like I said, overall, I have been feeling pretty good and crossing my fingers that that feeling will last for the next 12 or so weeks.

8 comments:

  1. I love your honesty!! Every woman that has been pregnant knows there is so much more to it than a big belly, but most don't talk about the other stuff. I hope you continue to feel "good"!! Thankfully, some of the uncomfortable physical stuff goes away after the babies come, but of course they bring with them a whole new set of circumstances, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy the maternity underwear...it is hideous and huge, but so much more comfortable!! And I think S can also be fo Stretch Marks!! Great list!! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zantac is safe during pregnancy and it helped so much!! Loved the list, brought back many memories! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, I remember those days!!!! I could only sleep on the floor in Olivias room for 3 hours at a time!! Ugh!!! Almost there!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They say when you have heart burn the babys will be born with hair and I must say when I was prego I had bad heart burn and little man was born with hair but what I learned is that elivating yourself while sleeping helps a little bit and hope you dont snore like I did poor Craig never got sleep next to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The heartburn just gets worse. The good news is, it disappears almost immediately after you give birth :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wore Hubby's underwear, didn't want to ruin my own by stretching them out, but not a good idea.
    Baby 2 came early and fast and I forgot that I was wearing jockey shorts, and gave the nurses a big laugh when I got to hospital. Good luck with everything. Love ya all. Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. And all of those ABC's will be easily forgotten once you hold those babies in your arms...it will be all so worth it........

    ReplyDelete