Welcome to our journey

We are so excited to share our lives with all of you, as we expect the arrival of our miracle twins, due to be delivered on April 7, 2012.
We have waited for this time for many years and, although we are anxious and nervous, we are thrilled to welcome two new members to our family.
As we continue this journey, we invite our families and friends to follow along our adventures.



Sunday, January 22, 2012

Looking for a new business? Start a maternity clothing line!

I have been so disappointed by the availability (or lack thereof) of maternity ware, it's unreal. I know it's hard to find pants because I'm tall, but it really should not be such a challenge to find a top. I mean come on, I already feel huge and not highly attractive....not finding nice clothes does not help me feel any better about this growing belly!
Let's see, I've visited both Kohls and Target over the past couple of days. Kohls had literally one (1!!!!!) rack of maternity clothes. Now I know you all know how huge Kohls is. You can't tell me that there is not more out there than fits on one rack. Oh sorry, I forgot the one rack with summer shorts on sale. Really? Last time I checked it was still winter here. Who in the world wears shorts these days?! Not quite ready to give up, I decided to check Target tonight. Needless to say their selection was quite limited, too. Not only that, but they had the maternity clothes mixed in with their womens sizes. Now I know that I am getting big, but to group maternity clothes with basically clothes for overweight people makes no sense. They might fit belly-wise, but most bigger people don't need the length that I need. So, no success there either.
And now explain to me this whole concept of a nursing bra please. Do they really have to look butt ugly? While I don't want to model it in front of the whole world, it could have a bit more of a cute-factor. And what size does one buy in those? Urgh!
All I truly want is to go shopping for normal clothes. Going into any kind of "normal" store is so depressing. I try to avoid it whenever possible, but geez, there are cute clothes everywhere...just not in maternity sizes. I cannot wait to wear regular clothes again. This whole maternity clothes thing is ridiculous, a rip-off, and utterly frustrating. So, if you are looking for a business idea in this tough economy, may I kindly suggest a maternity clothing line for the normal kind of people, i.e. not the XS and S sizes that you might be able to find if you're lucky enough to make it through half of the one and only maternity/big women rack!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Katja! I hear ya! I felt the same way. Hang in there. And on the bra comment...let's just say I'll NEVER be that big again. Well until the next one comes along. But I couldn't/wouldn't even guess that I would grow that big, but I did. I was measured and was finally able to find one that fit well. I suggest getting measured. Best of luck to you and it really is all worth it. I promise! (This coming from a girl who still needs to lose 20lbs of baby weight and still can't fit into her pre-pregnancy clothes well. Pathetic, yes I know!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you looked for clthes at Animal Crackers (downtown Gig Harbor near the Tides...great consignment store) and Motherhood Maternity had great selection and nice clothes...even decent bras...good luck....Marci

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a Maternity store at the Tacoma Mall with really cute maternity clothes, I took my step daughter there.She is due in May. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem she has is that the pants are not long enough. Being a tall pregnant woman takes away even more of her choices. As her husband, I just found it is easier to not say anything. I am just there for her, and allow her to vent.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a little late, but check JC Penny's online. They have some cuter nursing bras. Don't bother until a day or two before you go in AT THE EARLIEST. There's a specialty bra shop on the west side of the mall and they'll recommend you coming a few days after delivery, after your milk has come in. HUGE help but expensive. If you choose to nurse long term, google breastfeeding tops. Lots and lots of optiions out their but it's all the same basic style and NOT CHEAP. Expressiva I think was one of the better ones. Good luck! (PS - Alicia and I both did sweaters and tank tops. Much cheaper and actually helps w/ modesty.
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete