Welcome to our journey

We are so excited to share our lives with all of you, as we expect the arrival of our miracle twins, due to be delivered on April 7, 2012.
We have waited for this time for many years and, although we are anxious and nervous, we are thrilled to welcome two new members to our family.
As we continue this journey, we invite our families and friends to follow along our adventures.



Monday, December 26, 2011

From the Man's point of View

Ok, I know that I am odd, and have a very weird memory, but I am loving this pregnancy.  Katja is even more beautiful than ever, and I find more energy and desire to do more things around the house, trying to make Katja feel more at ease.

After the trying and failure, I was, and still am, very excited to finally have the opportunity to expand our family.  When we were told that she is was pregnant, I was excited.  When we found out it was twins, I was shocked.

I watched Katja go through the subtle changes of pregnancy, fighting the urge to not tell my friends or family, because she needed to 1st tell her boss, since she just got that new job.  I guess these "nursing eyes" and "nursing brain" is impossible to turn off.  So I watch her change and love every minute of it.

I have spent a lot of time getting the room ready for the twins.  Painting, moulding, trim, new doors, cribs, etc.  It has been a lot of work, but it helps me feel like a dad (and a husband) doing all that.  Now it is just small stuff to touch up, and get them home soon!

Picking out the theme was difficult.  Trying to agree with a pregnant woman is difficult!  She cannot make up her mind, and no matter what I say or do is wrong!  We agreed to a Jungle Theme, but now comes the decision of which theme.  I have decided to just go with what she wants, and just put in my opinions in when necessary.

After getting the cribs put together, the nursery slowly is coming together.  Shortly after doing that,  I got to feel the babies move.  That was amazing.  I love to know that my wife is healthy, happy, and that the little ones are doing well.  After each ultrasound, I get scared that the doctor wants to talk to us.  When he does not, and we are sent home without seeing him, I feel so relieved.  This is one of those cases where no news is good news.

With this new year coming up, I get to be a parent to two little children.  I have everything a guy could want, a beautiful wife, healthy children, a great dog, a house, and fridge with food in it.  I also have great friends and neighbors.  Soon I will be a nurse, and have a great job somewhere.  Now if I can only be a great dad, I know I will be content with my life.

2 comments:

  1. I know you will be a great dad, no doubts! I love how everything is coming together and love even more how excited you get about the smallest things. And yes, I do boss you around a lot, but isn't that how it's supposed to be?! I have to take advantage of this state in our marriage. I love you and cannot wait to start this family with you. Thank you for all you do to make my life just a little bit easier every day. It does not go unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so super excited for you guys!It is good to know that you guys are truly ready to have a family and each and every day will be a new experience for you! I still remember being a Mommy of two pretty girls, they are grown up now, but now I am an Omi and that is a very special position to have as well! London is 21 month old and keeps me and Jackie busy on the daily...watching her grow so fast is a wonderful experience that i woudn't want to miss out on!

    Have a wonderful New year 2012 and enjoy the time with your twins!

    Manuela Desotell

    ReplyDelete