Welcome to our journey

We are so excited to share our lives with all of you, as we expect the arrival of our miracle twins, due to be delivered on April 7, 2012.
We have waited for this time for many years and, although we are anxious and nervous, we are thrilled to welcome two new members to our family.
As we continue this journey, we invite our families and friends to follow along our adventures.



Monday, December 26, 2011

D-Day...less than 3 months away

You heard it right, D-Day, or Delivery Day, is literally less than three months away. How crazy to think that we are so close (yet so far away!). I am scheduled for a c-section for March 24, 2012. And as you all know, I'm a huge planner and therefore love that I can plan ahead. Somewhat that is, as there is always the chance of an early arrival. The current date will put me at exactly 38 weeks, which is term for twins.

Although Ben has always voted for a vaginal birth, I have always leaned more towards the c-section, particularly with twins. Luckily, we were given an option at Madigan, and needless to say, I chose the c-section. I have heard too many horror birth stories and do not need to put myself or the babies through that. I realize that there can be just as many complications with a c-section, but I am willing to "risk" that. Our doctor has already put it on her calendar, and we are eagerly awaiting the big day.

Okay, not really eagerly awaiting, at least not me. I am freaked out about the whole thing, especially about the recovery part of it. I have stopped reading about the potential for all kinds of scary things....will just try to take it as it comes along. I have a February appointment at Madigan's Labor and Delivery, hopefully that will ease some of my anxieties. And of course, if all else fails, there is always my wonderful nurse-to-be-husband. By then, unless they come early, he will officially be an LPN. He is excited and wants to video everything; I, on the other hand, would much rather sleep through the whole thing (-:

As of now, there are no indications that these babies will come early, which is a good thing. I have heard that my height should help me with carrying them as long as possible. As does a good diet and exercise, neither one of which I follow on a regular basis...hoping that the height will be enough.

I am sure I will learn more about the actual procedure and recovery as time moves along....for the moment, however, I like pretending that I'll just wake up and the babies will magically be there. I can dream, right? I am open for any advice (on c-sections that is, as I am not considering changing my mind, unless absolutely necessary).

1 comment:

  1. Blessing to both of you.

    As a parents, you will figure it out. No two babies are alike and each of you will experience different feeling at different points. Only bits of advice are the typical rest when the babies are resting, accept all the help you can when it's offered and learn the fine are of rolling out of bed after a cesarean and not "sitting" up. Practice the "role & squat" up to a standing position. The first time you accidently standing up or try to standing up like you used to - you won't soon forget.
    Besty wishes, Hope M.

    ReplyDelete