Welcome to our journey

We are so excited to share our lives with all of you, as we expect the arrival of our miracle twins, due to be delivered on April 7, 2012.
We have waited for this time for many years and, although we are anxious and nervous, we are thrilled to welcome two new members to our family.
As we continue this journey, we invite our families and friends to follow along our adventures.



Sunday, December 25, 2011

Our last quiet Christmas

Merry Christmas to all of our family and friends. The one comment we have received from just about anyone is "Enjoy your last quiet Christmas". And while it is definitely quiet in the sense of noise and activity, these babies have been moving around like nothing else. Somewhat of a strange feeling, I have to admit, but how amazing?!

I have had people ask for the last few months and was beginning to start feeling somewhat inadequate. Seemed like everyone could feel or had felt their babies much sooner. I, on the other hand, felt absolutely nothing. We were at a Christmas party on December 15 where another twin mom suggested to just tell people that I had been feeling them and that it was an amazing feeling. Heck, I had sure read enough about it online and in all of the books I have been collecting. I was ready to go with that strategy until the night of December 16, literally just 24 hours later.

I had taken a shower and was in bed, engorged in one of the many reality tv shows I seem to be addicted to. And there it was...not a butterfly- or bee-like feeling, but an actual thump thump. I called for Ben and , while he usually does not respond to my demands (now why is that?!), he came upstairs and was able to feel the movements, too. This truly was the best feeling ever!

Let's see, since then we have felt them move many, many more times....at ALL times of the day and night. They are still gentle thumps that make me laugh, although I am sure that will change at some point. At our last growth ultra sound (Dec 22.....24 weeks and 6 days), each baby measured 1 pound and 11 ounces. Baby A (the girl) is facing head down, Baby B (the boy) is transverse, i.e. across by my ribs. He is responsible for the shortness of breath I experience, especially as we dared to visit IKEA on Christmas Eve....a whole different kind of experience.

So, yes, this was a quiet Christmas for both of us. I have to admit I enjoyed spending time with just Ben and the two pets, although we were able to spend some time with neighbors Christmas Eve. We ended our day yesterday with Ben reading "T'was the Night Before Christmas" (he loves reading to the babies) and started Christmas this morning with opening gifts. Ben had written a card to the babies...great idea!

Despite missing family, we had a nice holiday and look forward to the next 12 weeks before D-Day...more on that to come in the next post. Much love to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see that your baby A is head down. I hope she stays that way!

    ReplyDelete